Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sister <3


Tonight I got to have a brief chat with my lovely sister, Cassandra Marie. After we caught up a little bit and she left to go to a meeting, I got to thinking about what she means to me. I am so grateful that God saw it fit to bless me with a best friend for eternity. I will never stand alone or have to face any burden not knowing that there will be someone there to wipe my tears.
Cassandra Marie is no ordinary woman. She is a woman of virtue, integrity, charity, intelligence, strength, and beauty. I have always looked up to her so much. She sees the world in a different way than everyone else. Where there is shadow, she finds light, where there is sadness, she spreads joy, where there is hurt, she brings comfort. She is so elegant with words- an amazing writer. She doesn't think about simple things- but rather digs for all that life has to offer by discovering new ways to think about the world.
I have followed in her footsteps in so many ways. She inspired me to dance ballet. She inspired me to find a deeper meaning in art. She inspired me to show charity to the world.
People who have had the opportunity to meet her know she is a rare gem. God spent a little extra time when he created her and I must have done something right for Him to let me have her as a sister. I share a bond with her that is untouchable by any other relationship the world could offer. She knows the deepest parts of me and still loves me. For that, my heart will always been overwhelmed with gratitude. I love you more than words could ever express, Cassandra Marie... you are my best friend. Im so excited for all the events you have coming up in your life in the next year. You deserve it all and more- nothing less than the best. xo

2 comments:

  1. beautiful words...

    You are right though, your sister is badass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making tears come outta my face right now! I love you so so much. I'm so lucky to have you as my baby sister and I'm so glad I stopped by to visit your blog today. I needed this. You are so wonderful and special and deserve all the world and heaven has to offer you- never, ever, settle or sell yourself short. Good things are on their way. I love you forever, Loulou.

    ReplyDelete