Friday, April 9, 2010

About Me

I don’t know it all and I don’t pretend to. I’m figuring out who I am and where I fit in this world. Those who try to label me are sorely disappointed; I don’t fit into any box they would force me in. Those who truly know me see the paradox that is my life.

My life is and has been phenomenal. Opportunities I have been given, experiences I have enjoyed, and people I have encountered, humble me as I realize how privileged my life is.

As I go through life, periodically I am blessed with moments of clarity that conclude a truth my experiences thus far have taught me. Some call these “pearls of wisdom” but I'm too young to call them that, instead they are my truths. Here are some of mine…

Love is the most important thing in this world. To find someone to love, something to love, and surround oneself with love is the greatest accomplishment a life can find.

Life is a challenge, but it is also meant to be enjoyed. A good sense of humor is what carries us through the hard and lifts us in the good.

Everyone has an opinion and there is no way to please everyone, so you might as well please yourself. I refuse to live a certain way just because everyone else is and that is what is expected; there is so much more, I know because I have seen glimpses of it.

I love who I am and I love my life. My truths may be few, but I would rather live a life full of few truths than a life empty, overflowing with lies. There is much more to learn and many more people to meet. I am excited to find the place I belong in wherever the future has to offer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment